Data is your lifeblood and this is your lifeguard.
John Clingerman, Vice President, Forensics Services
Your ESI often comprises sensitive and valuable corporate information. Our in-house data center is designed to ensure that critical data is secure and safely protected from unauthorized access and inadvertent loss. Security, redundancy and reliability are our number one priority.
D4’s headquarters and state-of-the-art, SSAE16 SOC 2 Type II-attested Tier 3 business-class data center are in Rochester, NY. This facility is new, purpose-built, and wholly owned and occupied by D4. The 1,000ft 2 colocation and data center facility was designed and built from the ground up to meet the technology and security needs of our customers and the legal industry.
Within the headquarters facility, there is alarmed security at every entry point and window. Keycard access to media and data storage areas and the computer forensics laboratory is restricted based on job requirements and time of day and week. There is continuous digital recorded video surveillance at key locations inside and outside the facility, with the recording automatically preserved in the event of an incident. Access to the data center itself, and the evidence vault contained therein, is highly restricted, requiring both keycard and biometric identification (five finger biometrics) authorized to limited personnel.
- 200 megabits of bandwidth delivered over fiber connectivity using multiple carriers and diverse paths
- Dedicated 80kVa Emerson UPS.
- Seamless fault tolerance.
- Hosted systems backed up via disk-to-disk, LUN snapshot and targeted application technologies.
- Fully self-replicating SAN unit at off-site backup hosting facility.
- 24x7x365 monitoring
- Roof-mounted Generac 150kW natural gas generator on automatic cutover switch.
- Multiple Liebert CRV HVAC systems with 20 tons of total cooling capacity.
- SAPPHIRE clean agent fire suppression system with multi-zone warning and detection sensors.
- Hardened facility using lockable cabinets and cages.
D4 has done a great job providing high quality, detail-oriented work on complex projects that are time sensitive in nature. We regularly contact D4 for our most important projects because we know we can rely on them to get the job done right the first time.
Laura Meyers, Attorney
Ward Greenberg Heller & Reidy LLP